Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MY DAUGHTER'S DENGUE EXPERIENCE

I can't describe what I felt when I learned that my daughter had striked by dengue.  News about children who died because of dengue was flashback on my mind, I can't help but cry.  My daughter was only 5 years old that time and I can't imagine  her lying on a hospital bed with a dextrose and suffering from pain.  But I know I had to be strong for her, so she can fight.  Everyday she needs a blood test, almost done every 6-8 hours, to check if her platelet count is going up or down,  the worst thing is there is no cure for dengue so all we can do is to give her fruits, healthy foods, more water intake and rely on the blood test.  It's so hard for a mom to see her child crying and shouting whenever the nurse knocks on the door to get a sample of her blood, it's a phobia for her.  After my child's hospitalization I search a lot about dengue so it will not happen again to any of my children, hope it could help to other mom's like me.

WHAT IS A DENGUE? -  A debilitating viral disease of the tropics, transmitted by mosquitoes and causing sudden fever and acute pains in the joints.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE? -  It starts with chills, headache, pain upon moving the eyes, low backache, aching of legs and joints, pale pink rashes over the face, fever and rapid drop in body temperature with profuse sweating.
HOW TO GET RID OF DENGUE CARRIER MOSQUITOES? - Avoid mosquito bites, and eliminate their breeding area by cleaning our surroundings,  remove containers that can collects rain and run-off water such as tires, broken pales, and old plastics. Regularly change water in the aquariums and flower vases. Eliminate stagnant water and use insecticides to kill mosquitoes.   

DENGUE CARRIER MOSQUITO
Dengue has no cure so it's best to give your children healthy foods and increase water intake because healthy person is not easily strike by dengue.  Always remember that prevention is better than cure.  Stay healthy all the time!





No comments:

Post a Comment