Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OUR CHEAP SINGAPORE TRIP



My kids enjoying the night at the Marina Bay
Backpacker's Inn
Last October 2010, my family and I had a chance to travel to Singapore, a dream come true for me and my husband. Actually it's not a plan at all because our savings is not enough for travel abroad, but I believe that everything goes at the right place at the right time. It's my habit to check Cebu Pacific site and fortunately last June they had a promo fare from Manila to Singapore for travel on October, which falls on the sem-break of my kids. The promo fare only cost Php 2,099 (one-way, it's a go-lite fare) which is I think half of it's original fare. So our two-way fare (Manila to Singapore, Singapore to Manila) only cost Php 20,990, for a pax of five persons; me, my hubby and our 3 kiddos. We decided to stay to Singapore for 3 days only, since it's a small country and easy to explore. In Singapore we stayed at Backpacker's Inn, fortunately their caretakers are Filipinos from Davao, the room rate per night cost Php 3,500  for five person, with free used of their kitchen as well as the utensils and computer with internet; so cooking and eating outside is not a problem; unlike the rate at four-star hotels that cost Php 11,000 per night. We buy fresh seafoods, meats, veggies and rice at the wet market near the inn and cook food because food chains in Singapore do not offer rice and eating in their restaurants is very expensive.   The Singapore train fare is also cheaper compare to bus and taxi fares so we used to take train whenever we   go to different places.  I bought  "pasalubongs" at the Chinatown, a small village in Singapore, same as the Chinatown here in the Philippines, which offers good quality products at a very low price compare to the mall price.  All in all,  our expenses were almost Php 80,000 including terminal fees, taxes, pocket money, food, boarding, air fare, bus and train fare and etc., imagine that is for five person.  We really enjoyed our Singapore trip without a big cost, it's spending wisely while enjoying a trip together with your loved ones. A  family bonding experience that money can't buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment